Today was a good day! The rain yesterday cooled us down to a manageable temperature. Derek and I actually ate our lunch outside at work today. Work was actually productive with a minimal amount of stress for once. Ash is learning about circles at school. Zach had a great day writing the letter F and jumping in gym class. We went out for Mexican food tonight (yes AGAIN) as now on Mondays kids eat free at our favorite restaurant. Zach and Ash received postcards with Orcas on them from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy who are currently on vacation on the West coast. Ash looked at his, smiled, and said "fish". Zach loved his card so much that he fell asleep in bed looking at it. I attempted to mitigate some of the damage from tonight's dinner by walking for a couple miles on the treadmill and then playing Wii sports. I practiced such that I am not quite so humiliated by my virtual Frisbee skills, and I FINALLY beat Derek's 3 point basketball shooting record (HA!). I am off to take a shower in a few minutes and then relax in bed with a book. (That is if the Internet does not suck me in like it usually does...). We are excited that Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie will be coming to visit us this weekend!!!
Ash's communication skills are really exploding. I read him a book about the alphabet before bed tonight. Inside the cover where all the letters of the alphabet were listed, he pointed at the letter "Y" and said "why" (this was without any prompting). I then flipped to a page in the book picturing a big "y" in a different font. He pointed at that one and said "Y". Then he pointed at the letter "o" and said "cereal" (I imagine because the o looks like a cheerio). Then he pointed at it again and said "circle". SOOOOOOOO SMART!!!!!!
Greg is just going to die knowing that Zach knows how to write the letter "F". Its all downhill from here.
ReplyDeleteGood to know you are having success with Wii sports...time for some family Olympics? What book are you reading? I'm almost through with the "Dragon Tattoo" series...
Oh, thank you Jenny for a good laugh!!! You are so right about that naughty Greg. As his Mom, I know I should be mortified, but it is all just too funny. Thank you Tommi for great blog postings!
ReplyDeleteMom2, you are welcome...I don't know if it will be as funny when we have kids and the kid drops and f bomb when I am anxiously awaiting "mama". Hehehe. Tommi...as always, love the blog updates :)
ReplyDeleteI knew he would like "F". So, what would Greg say about Zach's writing the letter "E" today??? :)
ReplyDeleteI am reading "The Disappearing Spoon". I am also waiting for the current new release #1 Ladies Detective agency Book and "Never Let Me Go" from our local library which will be a fall movie and looks very interesting.