Thursday, August 5, 2010

OK City is Alright!

We headed out to Oklahoma City this morning after dropping Jake off at "Dog Camp".  Here are some highlights from our trip so far!


First Stop: Pops on Route 66 just outside of Edmond, OK for lunch.  Claim to fame: a "66 foot" Pop Bottle out front and hundreds of bottled soda selections on the inside along with cafe, service station, and souvenirs galore.  What fun!  Derek tried a "Red Rock" cola and I drank original recipe (read REAL sugar, no high fructose corn syrup) Dublin Dr. Pepper.  We also stocked up on a few other weird colas for the road. 




 
Next Stop: The Omniplex Science Museum- a hands on science place for kids, including a science show where they blow stuff up- AWESOMENESS!

 



We ended up at our hotel ~4pm.  Went out for a Mexican dinner (of course).  Grabbed some cookies (Zach's request) at a local grocery store.  Hit the pool for a cool dip. 


Now that I am done updating the blog, I am going to enjoy my Chai Cola (courtesy of POPS) and a chocolate chip cookie.  After all, this is vacation!

1 comment: