Friday, July 30, 2010

A Perfect Day (Well Almost...)

Today was almost the perfect day.  I had a "Date Day" off of work with Derek after an insane work-week.  We went down to Tulsa to do some shopping, ate lunch at our favorite burrito spot, Q'Doba, and saw the new movie Inception on IMAX.  The movie was fantastic! We agreed it was one we wanted to own in our personal collection.  Per shopping, we bought some light bulbs, a new shower head, and a container to hold all of the boy's outdoor toys from Home Depot.  We also bought Derek some more short-sleeved polo shirts.  Lunch was also completely satisfying with a large ancho chile BBQ burrito with all the fixings.  YUMMY!!!!!
I bought myself a new pair of running shoes as my old ones were starting to wear out, especially in terms of cushioning, and I was starting to get shin splints regularly.  I went to Fleet Feet, a specialty running store in Tulsa who got me outfitted.  So great to be able to try on shoes as well as try them out by taking them for a test-drive around the block!  I also took them for a test drive on the treadmill tonight.  My feet are very happy!!! 


The only downers to the day were that Zach got in trouble at Summer Camp for scratching another kid while fighting over a stuffed animal.  I also received a call from work with more "stuff" that I may have to deal with on Monday.  A manager's work is never done---that is why we are all insane and absent-minded like the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert. 

Ash is currently "helping" me while I type this message.  Actually, I just looked down and he is coloring on the back door with a pencil.  I suppose I should clean that up and get him into bed. (Thank goodness pencils have erasers!!!)  Yay, tomorrow is Saturday- still 2 more days to "relax"!!!!!! 
Grandma Dixie- in response to your comment, why don't you and Cliff come and visit and you can witness the Jekyll and Hyde Effect for yourselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment