The Rundown:
1) Ash is feeling better. He still sounds hoarse, but no fever and was excited to go to daycare today.
2) Zach is visiting The Children's Museum in Tulsa today with his Summer Camp Group.
3) The downstairs airconditioner went out yesterday evening. Trying to get that fixed today (I am practicing my "management skills" and delegated that to Derek). Luckily we have 2 units, so the upstairs has remained cool and sleeping has been ok (but with the fear that the upstairs unit will work overtime and break, we will have both looked at...).
4) I bought myself a birthday present, a booked called "The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements" by Sam Kean. It is a great read for the layman (as well as those of us who are physical science fans) and would be good for those who wonder why Derek and I are complete nerds and came home babbling with joy about the periodic table when we were in junior high...
5) I am also reading "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" as well as the book above in addition to trying to do a combination of run/walk/yoga for an hour each night and watch a show with Derek. There is not enough time in the day! (...gee if work did not take up so much of my time...)
6) Derek and I watched the pilot for the first season of the HBO series "Big Love" on DVD last night. Very interesting and very well acted. Looking forward to episode #2.
7) Zach starts school on August 11th. He will have Open House/Back to School Night at his new school, Wayside Elementary, on August 10th. I can't believe he will be in Kindergarten!!!!
8) Trying to schedule a long weekend vacation t Oklahoma City before Zach's school starts for some R&R. I need to have something to look forward to other than WORK!
9) Mom got me addicted to Iced Coffee. She even bought me my own fancy Iced Coffee sippy cup from Starbucks. Not only am I the envy of my entire research group, but I am entirely too caffenated today to get any meaningful work done- ha!
10) There should be a #10, but I can't think of anything offhand. I guess that means it is time for lunch!
Cute comic brought to my attention by Grandma Peggy: (I envision that this is how all of the grandparents are when I don't update the blog often enough!)

No comments:
Post a Comment