Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Croup and Other Maladies
Little Ash has come down with a case of Croup as well as an ear infection. He is very wheezy and sounds like a seal when he coughs. Derek took him in to the doctor this morning, who was surprised to see us so soon after his checkup last week (he probably caught both bugs at the pediatrician's office last week...). Croup is a virus, so there is not much we can do about that except give him fluids, acetaminophen for fever, and wait it out. I picked up his course of antibiotics for the ear infection at the pharmacy on my way home from work. He received his first dose over lunch- smells fruity. I will be with Ash this afternoon while Derek is at work. He just went down for his nap, so I will get in some work while he sleeps. I hope he feels better soon! Luckily I have banked a bunch of time already this week as I stayed late at work lat night and then went out to dinner with some of our R&D Fellowship recipients who are here for their research seminar showcase. So far these students, who are in their 3rd and 4th years of grad school, have given some really nice presentations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope Ash feels better soon. Give him a hug from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy.
ReplyDelete