Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update!

Well, I have now completed the halfway point of my course.  Even though it has only been 4 day, I feel like I have been here for weeks (Derek says it feels that way for him too).  I finally got out for a run yesterday after class ended at 4:30pm (we actually had the night off- yay!).  The run was great.  Even the downpour (or pre-shower) during the end of the run was kind of fun.  Today, of course, is a beautiful sunny day - the first we've had.  Hopefully I can get out for a walk or run later---not much time though...  For dinner last night, I went out with a few of my classmates to a fancy seafood place in downtown Evanston.  The town is great and very walkable.  Even though it was wet, it was really nice to have a change of scenery and get some fresh air.  Ok- now I have to head downstairs for class.  Today's topics are on networking.  My favorite topic so far has been on negotiations.  We participated in mock negotiations- very fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't eaten there lately, but our favorite place when I was at NU was a dim sum place called "Lulu's."

    I'm so jealous of you getting to spend a whole week on campus!

    ReplyDelete