Sunday, June 13, 2010
Navigating Northwestern
Good evening from Illinois! I am currently in the Chicago area on the Northwestern University Evanston Campus at a week-long management training here at the Kellogg School of Management. The trip here yesterday was an adventure as bad weather shut down O'Hare for a few hours. So, my 11:15am flight from Tulsa was delayed until 3:30pm. I finally arrived at the airport (yay for direct flights) at 5pm (same time as the training opening at Northwestern). I arrived at campus just in time for dinner! Yay!!! The facility is great- nice rooms and great food. So far my favorite meal has been the vegetarian chili. Dinner starts at 6:30pm. So far the course has been really interesting and very educational. Today's instructor was fantastic. Today's focus was marketing, and he made a topic that was totally foreign to me (up until today) both interesting and relevant. A typical day is breakfast at 7am, sessions from 8 - 12:30pm with a break in between, lunch from 12:30pm- 1:15pm, afternoon sessions until 5pm, then a break, dinner at 6:30pm, sessions from 7:30 - 9pm, then a brain meltdown before bed. Intense, but so far so good. During my time here before dinner, I ventured outside to check out their running/walking trails along Lake Michigan- great views! Nice to get some fresh air too. I walked for ~25 minutes- hope to get in a few runs during my visit as well now that I know the terrain. Hopefully I'll get a picture of the Chicago skyline if the weather improves (not much visibility today). I've checked in with Derek a few times. He and the boys are doing well. Zach told me I was "lost with Grandpa" since I flew on a plane. I miss them tons!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



All sounds fabulous except for the brain meltdown! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the photos - brings back pleasant memories.
ReplyDeleteShari