Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hopping!

Well, we Millers have had a busy weekend. 

Our first news is that Grandpa Randy finally was released from the hospital on Thursday evening.  He has been recovering at home and feeling a bit better day-by-day.  (Grandma is making sure he is at the height of recovery fashion in his new comfy duds.  We LOVE the sporty shorts! - Pic courtesy of Grandma Peggy... ) He will hopefully be feeling well enough for he and Grandma Peggy to make a trip out to OK this Thursday to spend the Independence Day holiday with us! 


Friday, Derek and I took off our June monthly vacation day.  We spent the day in Tulsa with Zach running some errands, seeing the new Toy Story movie on IMAX (his second viewing of the week) and going out to lunch.  We had a great time together!  Zach deserves some one-on-one time with us! 

Saturday I went Baby Shower hopping!  I attended two baby showers of friends from work.  Very exciting as one was filled with all baby girl stuff and the other baby boy stuff.  Derek said it was fine that I went to both, just as long as I did not get any ideas about further extending our family- ha!  No- two fabulously cute boys are good enough for me!!!  Last night we  got together with friends Patrick and Christine for games after the boys went to bed. 

This  morning I went out for my Sunday AM long run with the girls.  It was sooooo hot and humid (80 degrees at 7am YUCK!!!!).  Then we spent the day cleaning out old bills and papers from our filing cabinet and den.  Took 4 bags of trash down to the curb!  FUN!!!!  I plan to have a small summer cleaning project every weekend to try and reduce clutter and give old stuff to charity.  The boys have been having a great time watching Derek play video games (see pics).  I made a new chicken/green chile salad sandwich recipe for lunch- YUM- a Keeper!!!!  And we had Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner.  Another Yum!  I just got done paying the bills (fun).  Time to get Ash to bed (he had a long rap this afternoon, so he is refusing to go to sleep).  then I want to plop on the couch with my book.  I am so not ready for Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't even read this yet...just looked at the picture and I almost didn't recognize Ash! He looks so old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh -don't say that cause it means 1) Ash is definitely no longer my baby, and 2) I must be REALLY old!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete