Friday, September 18, 2009

Indian Summer Festival




After eating yummy baked potatoes with Derek and Ash at home this evening (mine was chicken BBQ, Derek's was Mexican themed, and Zach had baked potato dippers), Zach and I went to the Indian Summer Festival downtown which is taking place this entire weekend. (http://www.okindiansummer.org/) Zach really got into the drumming of the Osage Indian Gourd Dance. There were also lots of fabulous arts and crafts (Grandma Dixie would love it!). We also admired two "Spirit of the Buffalo" statues, of which there are now three in Bartlesville that I know of. (http://www.spiritofthebuffalo.org/) Zach especially liked the one with music notes on it! (For those of you who can't read the small print, the notes have the text "Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain." written underneath them.) It was really nice having some "Mom and Z" time. I plan on taking him to open swim at the ConocoPhillips pool tomorrow morning too!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Go Zach go! We need a drummer in the family. Love, Grandma Peggy

    ReplyDelete