Let's see...Zach's school has a creed that the children have to learn. It reads as the following:
I am a Will Rogers Lil Roper.
I am capable and dependable, full of optimism, possibilities and potential.
I believe I must start today to prepare for my future.
I will become a responsible citizen by engaging in life long learning.
I will take pride in myself, my school and others.
I pledge to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.
Ummmm.... WOW...this is for 4 and 5 year olds???? There are some adults who would need a dictionary to get through this one. I asked Zach if he was a proper citizen. He said, "No, I'm a Battle Droid." (A Star Wars character for those of you who are not "in the loop".) Glad his imagination is still intact after all of that proper education! (Don't get me wrong, I admire what the school is trying to do, but still...)
Ash mastered a new skill today. He can now push himself up into a sitting position from laying down. Yay little guy!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment