Just a quick note to say Zach is back to his old self again...well almost... The swelling and red splotches started fading on Wednesday afternoon after his fever broke. Thursday morning he hopped right out of bed wanting to go to school. The swelling in his face was almost gone (Zach looked like Zach again!!!!). His fever was completely gone. The medicine seemed also to have really helped with the arthritic pain. So, we took him to school and he had a great day yesterday. (Meanwhile I got to take "Situational Leadership Training" at work. Ahhhh....the joys of being a manager.) Zach is even better today with all traces of arthritis gone. He only has some light red patches on his face and legs, which were the last places to develop the rash. We knew he was basically well again last night when he refused to go to bed willingly- ha!
In other news, Zach is definitely his mother's child! I used to sing to myself as a child- preferably church hymns very loudly in department stores or other public places (just ask my parents). Well, Zach likes to hum, at very high decibels, "The Imperial March" theme from "Star Wars" when he is playing with his homemade Lego star destroyers. He was doing this so loudly while in bed last night that I finally had to shush him as he was keeping Ash awake. (I need to make a recording next time!) In other news, Ash must have missed me yesterday because he was up every hour last night from 2pm on. (Gas maybe????) So tough when he pulls one of these after sleeping so much more solidly every OTHER nights of the week.
Happy Friday!
Hahahahahahhaa!
ReplyDeleteI love that you wrote "preferably very loudly in department stores or other public places"...that is AWESOME!!!
Meanwhile...poor Zach. I'm glad to hear he is feeling better. I hope to see you guys in May!