

My maternity leave officially ended today and I went back to work for the first time in just over 7 weeks. I missed Ash terribly. Although it was not so bad leaving him as it was with Zach as I know his two teachers in the infant room at daycare well and know they will take special care of him. Ash had a good first day looking at all of the new things at "school". He had a good appetite and had no problems taking his bottles. My day went fast as I was involved in a Kinetics Analysis training session. I am surprised how much of that stuff I actually remember from undergrad. We had a relaxing weekend. As I have hired someone to clean the house on a weekly basis, we now have more time to do fun things on weekends like...TAXES! (I spent Saturday evening with TurboTax and intermittent "help" from Derek reading numbers and such from W2s etc.) Next weekend's project is cleaning up the basement so we have room to hide from tornadoes during inclement spring weather (yay). Speaking of weather, we went from 75 degrees on Thursday to a high of 25 degrees on Saturday (brrrrr). The weatherman said we are in for 80 degree weather later in the week. At least the clothes in my closet get rotated often! Zach's latest movie obsessions are "The Black Hole" (thanks Grandpa and Grandma Kunze) and "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace". He likes telling us all about the robots and spaceships and especially likes to recreate the spaceships he sees with Legos and tinker toys. (He is really quite creative. I'll try and post some pictures soon.) Ash continues to be more and more vocal- especially with his cow toy. He also seems to like the elephants that hang on his pack-n-play. I am sure there is more to report, but I need to head to bed if I am going to function tomorrow. It is definitely a switch when one does not have the opportunity to take 2 naps a day anymore! I will post more pictures soon!
Cyberhug from Shari.
ReplyDeleteHugs from Gma guitar!!
ReplyDeleteAkkk! Are you serious about the tornadoes? Bummer to go back to work, but it seems like all is going quite nicely :)
ReplyDelete