Saturday, May 30, 2026

Williams, AZ Margarita Festival and Other Adventures!

Today Derek and I drove down I-40 to Williams, AZ for their International Margarita Fest. We enjoyed sampling 8 different 8 different margaritas and voting on our favorite. Derek’s 1st choice was the blue drink below containing blue curaçao, tequila, and pineapple juice. Above pictured was a tasty, yet too sweet, prickly pear margarita. 
I am holding a traditional lime margarita and a strawberry margarita. Both were fairly boring until I mixed them together! 
Derek samples a passionfruit margarita rimmed with toasted coconut. 
This was my favorite- a blueberry basil margarita. Perfect blend of sweet, sour, and herbal flavors. 
This held second place- a limoncello margarita- nice and sour. 
Our least favorite- pictured below, was a watermelon margarita. Although the tajin and jalapeño salt rim was yummy  

After drinking our mini-Margaritas (the total liquid, minus the ice, consumed was about half of a normal-sized margarita), we walked around Williams exploring as lol if the fun Route 66 sites. Very cute little town. We even saw a wedding! We then had dinner at Obregon City Tacos- authentic and delicious. Derek had a birra burrito wrapped in bacon. I had a quesabirra taco and a carne asada taco with grilled onions and green chile! Such a fun afternoon together!!!


We made homemade pizza on Friday. Yum! 

I am in the process of crocheting a summer top for myself to go over tank tops. One panel done!!

Bullock’s oriole at the birdfeeder! 


Dinner and drinks last weekend with our friends Carrie and Jim! 




 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun date day! Love all the other updates, too…that pizza look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Dixie

    ReplyDelete