Sunday, September 28, 2025

Marching on!

 Big weekend for band stuff. Ash and the FEPMB entertained us throughout the football game Friday night. Thank goodness for the band because the game was a blowout not in our favor! We love watching Ash because he is easy to spot and has a huge wingspan! He’s just so handsome in his uniform! I love this video as you can clearly hear Ash’s name announced as drum major!!!






Yesterday Ash and I volunteered at the Bands of America marching band competition which was held at NAU. Flagstaff band does not participate in the competition as we are a “halftime band” as opposed to a “show band”. Ash and I did not have to do much of anything as there were big storms in the area and the competition was on rain delay during our entire shift. We stayed at the dome to watch the competition, after it finally resumed, to cheer on the Bartlesville High School Bruin Brigade who was competing. Ash was able to catch up with his good friend Will who is head drum major for the Bruins. 
I was able to catch up with friend Stephanie who was a fellow coworker at Phillips 66 whose daughter plays percussion for the Bruins. 
Here is Will with the band behind. Bville won first place in their division! 




2 comments:

  1. That’s awesome!!! Cool to catch up with old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Bartlesville! And what fun to connect with friends! Dixie

    ReplyDelete