It has been lovely returning home to warm weather! In the high seventies/low eighties here in Flagstaff. Of course in Phoenix it was over 100 degrees. Ugh! On Thursday we dropped Ashton off at Band Leadership Camp at Corona del Sol High School in Tempe where he learned drum major skills for the upcoming school year. He returned home yesterday evening and said that he learned a lot and had a blast! He learned to annotate his own score for conducting and even got to practice conducting to a live band. Way cool!
After dropping Ash of, Zach, Derek, and I proceeded to test drive some cars in Phoenix and ended up coming home with a new Subaru Forrester Hybrid. It drives really nicely and is a nice replacement for our aging Forrester.
Derek received his father's day present of wine from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy. I am not sure that the bottles are big enough. ha!
Thank you to Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy for helping care for Curie while we were away. She is happy to be back guarding her yard...ahem...I mean sunbathing!!! Very relaxed. hahahah!
Thank you to Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy for helping care for Curie while we were away. She is happy to be back guarding her yard...ahem...I mean sunbathing!!! Very relaxed. hahahah!
Lovely pictures of rain on Agassiz and Humphries peaks yesterday evening---looks pink with the sunset.
As we head into our first full week of summer vacation here at home (summer band, dental appointments, sports physicals, etc etc) and some stressful times with Grandpa Randy's back surgery coming up on Wednesday...here are some deep thoughts (I know you have missed them).
Crochet lightsaber hilts for ice pops--because why not??? (I did not make these- but saving this image for future ideas!
Welcome back! Awesome Ash learned so much at camp and I’m sure Curie is thrilled to have you guys home. Love the new car :) Good luck to Dad2 on his surgery Wednesday and big, healing hugs for the long days following. 💕 Jenny & Wyn
ReplyDeleteHey...I like the lightsaber hilts...sounds like good band camp for Ash...I like the new wheels...Curie looks like she's glad to be home...I say a pray for your Dad.
ReplyDelete