Sunday, March 2, 2025

Happy March Everyone!

Last week was a whirlwind of musical activity.  Tuesday evening Ashton and the Flagstaff High School symphonic band performed at NAU after a day of hanging out and learning from the NAU Concert Band members.  The bands sounded fantastic!!! It was easy to see Ashton as he is second chair flute and obviously the tallest in the front row of the FHS band! 







Wednesday night was the Flagstaff Community Band Chamber Music concert.  I performed with three groups including my flute/clarinet/piano trio, woodwind quintet, and flute choir.  It was fun hearing all of the different groups perform and the different music styles performed.






In other news, we supposedly have snow on the way.  However this weekend has been unseasonably warm.  We have been grilling out every day since Friday.  Ashton came down with the plague (fever, sore throat, etc) so it has been nice for Derek and I to relax outside in the "fresh" air! 


I have also been crocheting lots of hedgehogs and giving them away as gifts. I love playing with different kinds of yarn and color combinations. 





I made these two plushies "Sunny" and "Violet" for the two next-door neighbor girls! 





1 comment:

  1. A week filled with music! Hurray snow, too!

    ReplyDelete