On Saturday Derek, Grandma Dixie, and I traveled down to Prescott, AZ to listen to the best high school students in the Northern Arizona perform in the honors choir, orchestra, and band. Ashton performed as third chair flute in the regional honor band. It was a fantastic concert and we are so proud of him!
Ashton' favorite piece to play was "Thrash" which was as if a heavy-metal band was playing a band concert. It was really awesome! The percussion section was having way too much fun with this one!
The honor band was conducted by the head of bands at ASU. Woohoo! Forks up! Go Devils!
From below, its looks as if Ash is 4th chair, but the 3rd chair flute did not show up and Ash was promoted up!
In other news, I finally have gotten fed up with dragging huge binders of printed music to and from my various music group practices and performances. I have finally upgraded to the digital age. It is wonderful!!! Why didn't I do this earlier????
Such wonderful performances by area high school musicians! Dixie
ReplyDelete