Wednesday, December 25, 2024

Merry Christmas 2024!

First off: the final Advent Calendar ornament (December 24th) is.... A  Peppermint Snail!  Not my pattern, but he was definitely one of my favorites to make.  The peppermint spiral was a fun challenge with the color changes.  


Scenes from Christmas Eve! 


My friend Ely dropped off her family recipe of hot Mexican fruit punch for our Christmas Eve celebration.  It was absolutely delicious to drink and also fun to try a holiday traditional from another culture.  

We had fun sporting our matching Nakatomi Plaza Christmas Party Shirts from the Die Hard movie which we watched before going to bed.  (Yes it is a Christmas movie!) 











Christmas Day! 













A funny gift from a friend. The pants are filled with candy! 
I crocheted Ashton an Eagle :) He is my own creation! GO EAGLES!!!!! 



I made Zach a figure called Samus for Zach. She (yes the character is a woman) is from a video game that he likes called Metroid.  Various parts of her space suit helmet, body armor, and blaster glow in the dark! 

She has a jet pack. 
Reference picture: I thought I did a pretty good job creating her from this picture and pictures of figures that others had crocheted and posted online.  














We are looking forward to Jenny and Wyn's arrival tomorrow evening to help us bring in the New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment