Thursday, September 5, 2024

Up to my Eyeballs with Crochet!

So I am completely addicted to crocheting.  I find it very relaxing and fun! I have been on a roll making different creatures over the past few weeks.  I have graduated to using different types and thickness of yarn as well as creating some of my own patterns/designs based on the skills and stitches that I have learned through making Woobles brand products (that company has great online tutorials included with their kits).  Most of my new creations are Halloween-themed so you will have to wait a bit to see them. However here are a couple of my latest creations.

The first is a plush version of the Woobles octopus pattern which I have made to give as a baby gift for a friend who is expecting.  The larger plush yarn was a challenge at first the yarn fuzziness made it difficult to see where to make different stitches. However once I got the hang of handling the yarn the project went quickly.  I though the eyes turned out cool as well!  (Thanks to Grandma Peggy for suggesting the green plush blanket yarn to make the creature.)


The Octopus is the largest creature that I have made so far.  Here he is pictured with tissue box and mug for scale.   
After seeing some of my creations, a friend asked if I could crochet her an eyeball for her Halloween display.  I actually made her TWO based on a few patterns that I found on the internet!!! I made one complete with optic nerve and veins to look bloodshot and spooky.  The other was made with glow-in-the-dark yarn.  






My friend loved them and sent me a few pictures of the eyeballs displayed with her uranium glass in her black light cabinet. Way cool! 

1 comment: