Saturday, August 24, 2024

Yellow Things That Make Me Happy!

A walk around the neighborhood admiring all of the wonderful sunflowers!  Derek and I both prefer sunflowers as our favorite flowers! 







 Margaritas with tortilla chips (both yellow!!!) as we grilled chorizo sausage for dinner. 
Those cute yellow-beige eyebrows of our favorite hairy gal! 
The yellow-orange flames in our firepit as we enjoyed hot chocolate and tea together on this cool evening! 

Toasty tootsies! 

Such a nice relaxing day mostly spent outside in nature or just simply talking together or quietly reading.  

Zach started classes this past Thursday at ASU.  He has been successfully cooking meals for himself at his apartment.  He reports that he has met his roommates (sorry no details yet) and survived a major monsoon downpour on campus.  He has already been working on class assignments and has attended events on campus with friends.  We look forward to visiting him for a day next weekend if it works out in his schedule for the upcoming long weekend. 

Below (also yellow) is the t-shirt given out to all students to attend the annual ASU Infernofest kicking off the school year.  Zach actually attended this year with his friends! I watched part of the live feed of the event, which was held at in the ASU football stadium.  Unfortunately I could not spot Zach in the sea of student, even though I tried my best! 
Ashton's school picture for his sophomore year.  Ashton says, "I look like a blond version of my Dad."  Very true!  Love it! 


3 comments:

  1. Omg Ash is totally right! And this post made me very happy…as all your posts do. Thrilled Zach is doing so well and happy to see all the good things. Big hugs from MD 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see a golden theme here! Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful relaxin' pix...speaking of pix Great School pix Ash.

    ReplyDelete