It has been a busy few days with band camp, back-to-school activities, and THE BEST---Jenny and Wyn arrived last night for a short visit! Yippee!!!
Either the boys are shrinking or Wynter has gotten taller...hmmmmm....
I made unicorns to help celebrate Jenny and Wyn's arrival. Ashton made chocolate chip cookies (not pictured because they were devoured!).On Saturday as I was driving Ashton around between band events, the clutch went out on my car. Booooo!!! It was exciting having the car die in the middle of a busy intersection. Ash and I got to call 911, pushed the car to the side of the road , and of course wait forever for the tow truck. It was a good teaching moment for our new learning-driver. Ash is actually very level-headed in stressful situations directing me to pull the car over immediately to the safest spot possible and turning on my hazard lights. My car is currently in the shop getting a new clutch among other things and will be back to us by the end of the week. In the meantime I am driving "a shiny new loaner" (to quote Dixie).
Speaking of driving, Derek took Ashton out for his first driving lesson this morning. Derek reports that Ashton did very well - better than Zach's first time out!
Enjoying brunch with the family this morning. Derek eats key lime pancakes. Ashton eats the largest chicken sandwich ever!!!
Earlier in the week, Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy enjoyed a "hard hat" tour of the new Discovery Center being built at Lowell Observatory. It is going to be a fantastic new addition, including an outdoor planetarium including heated seats!
Please let me know when Ashton is behind the wheel so I can stay home. :-) Dixie
ReplyDeleteWelcome Jenny and Wyn! Dixie
ReplyDelete