Friday, December 22, 2023

LOWELL OBSERVATORY...no longer just for star-gazing!

Derek, the boys, and I spent a fun afternoon at Lowell Observatory exploring their new interactive exhibit exploring the science and extraordinary skills behind Guinness World Records.  One got to test ones reflexes, reaction time, memory skills, and more.  They also had videos running of different world record holders (there are a lot of weird ones---like biggest vegan cheeseburger! yuck!) Super-fun inside activity on a cloudy and rainy day where star-gazing would have been next to impossible.  


Derek explores the science of atomic motion. (Actually you pick up the ping-pong balls via magnets, but still fun). 
Zach tries to beat the record of numbers of times one can beat on a drum in one minute! 
Testing recall and memory skills. 
I got to use my peripheral vision and BodyCombat skills to see how many times I could tag the moving lights in 30 seconds.  
Human tetris! 


This evening we further celebrated Lowell Observatory by starting a 1,000 piece puzzle of the Clark Telescope. Making great progress in just a few hours!!! 




Cutie Curie!
She often sleeps with her tongue sticking out.  Super-cute!
I also held my last BodyCombat class before Christmas.  A few of us dressed in holiday colors, and Sandy even wore jingle bells!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Who ever thought science could be fun.....not this liberal arts major. :-) Dixie

    ReplyDelete