Saturday, August 5, 2023

Shredding in the Woods

Derek and I took a bike ride through our neighborhood woods over to Ft. Tuthill and road the Soldier’s and Bridge Trails. It was great to ride my “new” mountain bike. (Where have you been all my life? Haha!) The front fork and rear shock absorbers worked great riding over rocks and roots, etc where with my old bike (with no shock absorption) my body would just feel trashed after a ride. I still am a lot more cautious on the trail than Derek who has no fear. I’m
Not yet a true “shredder” as I don’t have mad biking skills yet. Haha! I’m looking forward to building confidence as we plan more rides. Ash is excited to get into the act too since he much prefers biking to hiking. We plan on visiting the Grand Canyon and riding the rim trail as well as a future visit to the Bryce Canyon area and riding the trail between Bryce and Red Canyon state park. 
The Shepherd’s Trail tunnel between our Ponderosa Trails neighborhood and Ft. Tuthill. 









2 comments: