Ashton competed in his first official swim meet yesterday. He swam the 100 free, 100 breast and the 100 back stroke events as well as a relay during the Snow Sharks Holiday Mini Races event. It was a meet held internal to the club. He had fun and had a good experience. We are so proud of him and how much he has grown as a swimmer over the past two years. Here are some pictures courtesy of Grandma Dixie as I could not attend the meet due to gum surgery recovery. 







Yesterday I had the second of my gum graft surgeries. It is so much fun to feel like you have been punched in the face. Feeling better today with the swelling down. Plus I ate a homemade chocolate ice cream banana smoothie for breakfast. Who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast right???? (Plus the banana makes it healthy!!! Haha!) Looking forward to two days of rest. I’m currently reading the book “The Measure” - so far excellent with an intriguing premise.
Dental walrus!

Futuristic Surgery Getup

This is how you smile when half your face is numb and swollen.

After the surgery, I spent the remainder of the day with ice packs, Tylenol, ibuprofen, and Disney movies while cheering Ashton on silently from my spot at home on the couch.
Yesterday I had the second of my gum graft surgeries. It is so much fun to feel like you have been punched in the face. Feeling better today with the swelling down. Plus I ate a homemade chocolate ice cream banana smoothie for breakfast. Who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast right???? (Plus the banana makes it healthy!!! Haha!) Looking forward to two days of rest. I’m currently reading the book “The Measure” - so far excellent with an intriguing premise.
Dental walrus!
Futuristic Surgery Getup
This is how you smile when half your face is numb and swollen.
After the surgery, I spent the remainder of the day with ice packs, Tylenol, ibuprofen, and Disney movies while cheering Ashton on silently from my spot at home on the couch.
Hang in there! Hope you’re able to recover quickly. Thanks for the update. Great job swimming, Ashton!
ReplyDeleteHang in there...it's all better than false teeth!!!
ReplyDelete