Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday is booked!

First, everyone needs to enjoy a picture of the goofball guys! 

I am feeling better today after a good night’s rest. My jaw is still sore, but I can open my mouth wider today. I enjoyed soft food upgrades of mashed potatoes (breakfast), Kraft macaroni and cheese with side of apple sauce (lunch), and Raman noodles with steamed broccoli (dinner) with a chocolate pudding for dessert. 

After a quiet morning of reading and a nap, Dixie and I took a short trip to the local food bank warehouse where there were pallets upon pallets of brand new books that were acquired by a grant through the literacy council and being given away for free! The food bank personnel had done all that they could to donate books to area schools and libraries, but were going to take the rest of the unclaimed books to the dump to relieve warehouse space. I think I walked away with one of each of the books available minus the romance novels and weird coffee table books. Can’t let good books go to waste!!!  The short outing was just right for today. I came home and took another nap. Haha! 


In other book news, I just finished reading this nonfiction book for my book club which follows tragic events in 2001of 26 Mexicans attempting to cross into the United States via the Devil’s Highway in Arizona. It was an excellent, if not difficult read. I thought that the author did a good job featuring all parties fairly showing the difficulties of undocumented migration into our country from Mexico. 

I just started the following nonfiction book this morning about a family of 5 (parents,15 year old son and 11th SR old twin boys) hiking the Colorado trail together. So far- delightful! 



In other news, we took both boys to school registration earlier this week. As always, it was an ordeal. Zach’s process took almost 4 hours of waiting as he had schedule problems. All finally got squared away. Still can’t believe we have a senior in high school and an eighth grader in the house!!! 
Zach was a bit disappointed that they did not offer AP Physics 2 this year due to not enough enrollment interest to fill the class. However he is taking Astronomy with the same teacher (he loves Ms. Whitson) and hopes to get some extra physics insight from her this year. He also is thrilled with both Calculus and Statistics. This kid LOVES math!!!! 

The math madness continues with Ashton who will be taking Algebra this year! 



2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL TO SEE THOSE CLASSES FOR OUR BOYS...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're healing...enjoy food!

    ReplyDelete