Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Fruity Fluting!

One simply must wear a hat when playing a piece made famous by Carmen Miranda! We need more fruit. “Tico Tico”, of course, played with my Quintet group this morning! I’m so glad to have music (and fun musical friends) in my life! Pam, the oboe player, provided the fun hats! 

(Left to right: Nancy (bassoon), Carol (clarinet), Tommi (flute), Pam (oboe), and Tim (French horn).) 

In other news, we tried our hand at Caribbean/Jamaican food last night. I made two versions of the dish, one with pineapple, mango, black beans, and shrimp and one with no fruit, white beans, and sausage with the shrimp. Derek liked both but preferred the fruitless recipe. Both boys thought the fruity version was pure poison. (Not surprising!). I liked both and preferred the fruit. (Also not surprising). Anyway, always fun to try new dishes!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment