Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15: Cookies Again! (Well, it sort of rhymes…)


The boys only have half days for the rest of the week due to finals. There were no delays due to the snow that fell overnight, so that was a bonus. Otherwise two of Zach’s finals may have been delayed until January. So Zach only has one more final, precalculus, which will take place tomorrow. He currently has a 111% in that class so he is not worried. When the boys got home around 12:15pm, we made a midday dinner (nice and warm to combat the cold outside). Zach and Ash opened door #15 to reveal…

Vegan marshmallows???? Hmmm chocolate and marshmallows, what could these next cookies possibly be? 

Ashton and I then baked the cranberry orange shortbread cookies. Derek and I liked them very much, especially with tea. The boys were not so thrilled with them as they don’t like fruit in baked goods. At least the boys tried them! 

Ashton “sugaring” the cookies before baking with vanilla sugar. Yum! 



Other events today: I taught my first BodyPump class at the gym. All went very well! Although my arms and shoulders are tired this evening after shoveling snow at 6am and then teaching Pump at 10am! 

I forgot to share the lovely ornament gifts from two of my running friends. Lorra made keepsakes from our Grand Canyon Rim2Rim adventure. Such a great way to remember that experience every year. Clara handmade music themed ornaments. So pretty. Now I just need to get motivated to put up the tree! 





Last but not least, I thought this cartoon was funny given all of our cookie-making efforts. Santa versus Cookie Monster for the cookie crown! Ha! 


1 comment: