Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Dec 21: Adventures amongst the red rocks! (And Happy First Day of Winter!)


We had a great time today hiking in Red Rock State Park in Sedona today despite the overcast skies and coldest temps (upper 40s). The scenery was outstanding especially with the Christmas hues of the red rocks, green desert foliage, and white sycamore trees by the river. We saw two bucks and twelve mile deer does by the river. The winter sky brought out so many different colors and features that one would not normally see in full sun. 









The three sisters. 

A resident buck. 


























I forgot a warm hat at home. (Bad Tommi).  So I bought this nifty fleece state parks hat from the visitor’s center to keep my ears warm. Yay!!!

Tonight the boys opened a Christmas tree cookie cutter from door #21. 

After dinner we played a fun game of Clue. Then we taught the boys to play euchre. They caught on fast! Ashton and I beat Derek and Zach by one point! I just love family time with my guys!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment