Sunday, July 4, 2021

Partying 4th of July style back in AZ!

I had an eventful trip home Friday after both weather and maintenance flight delays which resulted in an original 4+ hour layover in Dallas to less than 5 minutes! Anyway, I made it home to Flag that night!  My luggage did not. Derek and Ashton met me at the airport, and Zach and Snyx gave me warm welcomes when I arrived at the house. My luggage successfully arrived the next day. Thanks to Mom and Dad for hosting me and so glad Dad is doing so well recovering from surgery! 

Saturday was a bit nutty. Our doorbell button busted which caused a problem in the bell mechanism itself. So we had two trips to Home Depot for repair/replacement. Zach had a tennis match with a friend. We recovered my luggage from the airport. AND I had a band concert that evening (not too mention that the whole day I was time zone challenged. Ha!). The band concert, which was in conjunction with Flagstaff Master Chorale, went really well and had lots of attendees. The weather was also perfect- cool, overcast, and the rain held off! 
I am second from the end in the front row wearing the hat. 

Today we celebrated Independence Day by making our traditional firecracker cake. Then we went over to Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Cliff’s for a picnic. While playing card games outside on their porch, it started down pouring! So we moved the game inside while enjoying the much-needed rain!!! 









And here are two more photos from Indiana. Here are Mom and Dad at Gabrizio Italian Bakery and Cafe in Niles, MI post Dad’s follow-up surgery appointment. We enjoyed lattes and delicious pastries! Dad had a lemon raspberry croissant. Mom enjoyed a lemon tart. I had a spinach and feta croissant and a cookies and creme scone. 

Here is the cool design in the foam of my pistachio latte. The design was awesome. The drink was tasty but crunchy as it literally had pistachios in it! As Dad said, “The drink was nuts!”  Ha! 

I also want to give a shout out to Pegg’s Cafe in downtown South Bend so I remember to eat there again. We ate there on Friday for breakfast on my last morning in town. It was delicious!!! 


2 comments: