Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!

I started the holiday off early by playing flute at the outdoor sunrise service at the church of my friend Clara and her family over on the east side of Flagstaff in Doney Park. Clara and I lead the music via flutes along with Clara’s Dad on clarinet. It was a beautiful morning for some hymns! We played my childhood favorite, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”! The views as the sun arose over the mountains were gorgeous! 







A view from the east of the San Francisco Peaks. 

After returning home at 7:30am, I tried a new coffee cake recipe. Delicious!!! Derek ate all four corner pieces from the 8x8 pan!!

In the afternoon, we enjoyed family time and burgers on the grill! 

And Dixie brought over her fabulous deviled eggs!!! Yum!!! It would not be Easter without eggs. Haha!! They were “egg-cellent”! 



1 comment:

  1. The Peaks from the east side of town don't look at all like the same mountains!

    ReplyDelete