Sunday, April 25, 2021

Tennis, shopping, muffins, books, and more!

We have had a busy weekend with just “normal” activities. On the boys’ day off of school on Friday, we started the day off with cinnamon rolls. Snyx and I enjoyed a lovely long morning walk around the neighborhood with Grandma Dixie. Zach met a bunch of his tennis teammates that afternoon for scrimmages at the local courts. No coaches present, just teenage boy fun! Ashton spent time with his neighborhood friend, Kieran. 

Saturday I enjoyed a nice 6.5 mile forest trail run with Clara and then met her later in the day for some shopping. I found a knit navy blazer that I have my eye on for $13 at a local store. Yippee! 

After eating a mid-afternoon dinner of slow cooker beef sandwiches and salad, I made my cranberry-blueberry muffins for book club. We actually met in person last night since everyone had been vaccinated. So fun to finally have social together time after a year apart! We talked about the book “News of the World”, a novel about an elderly man in the late 1800s who is returning a young girl to her relatives who was taken and raised by the Kiowa Indians. I really liked the book! 

Today has been really windy outside, so we have spent a low-key day inside. I finished the book “Orphan Train”this morning- excellent!- probably one of my fav books of this year so far- about being an orphan in the 1920s as well as modern day. I just started reading  “Devil in the White City”- Derek already finished it and liked it. Here is my latest library haul! 

Snickers received a bath since she rolled in something stinky. 



I decided to also wash all of her blankets and dog bedding. So much hair!!!!!

This afternoon we played one of our favorite board games “Nefarious” as everyone wants to be a mad scientist!!! 

In outdoor news, Derek filled and hung our hummingbird feeders yesterday. We received our first visitor of the season today. Yay!!!!

And other books I have recently read or am reading (I put them on the blog so that I can remember what I have read). Zach had to read “Lord of the Flies” for English class, so Derek and I decided to re-read it too. Still disturbing after all of these years. I am currently reading DitWC. “Leave the World Behind” is sci-Fi/post apocalyptic and very weird. I am still trying to figure out what the author is trying to tell us. 

The following book was very intense and interesting about Iraq and the Kurdish purge of the late 1970s. 



1 comment:

  1. Read "Humankind" to counteract the awfulness of "Lord of the Flies."

    ReplyDelete