Yesterday I was up before 6am with lots of energy getting us ready for our trip south and hiking. It was such a fun day. This morning it was so hard to get out of bed to more cold and fresh snow. I got out of bed, started a pot of tea, and immediately curled up under a blanket with a book. We had a large breakfast, but I didn’t want to run or exercise or anything afterwards. I just felt heavy. I just wanted to sit. I made a list of errands to try and get motivated. Derek and I went to pick up my books on hold at the library, then shopping at Sam’s Club. We will have an early dinner and then game time with the boys. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll feel more spunky.
Below is another poem from Donna Ashworth which speaks to me. She just gets how I feel, and how many of us are feeling, these days.
“I went running today,
I put alway lots of laundry, I answered lots of emails and I made some calls.
I only ate a few naughty things and I was ever so patient with my small people.
Yesterday I barley moved.
I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders and I couldn’t even bring myself to answer the one phone call I received,
so I texted back ‘sorry, mad busy day, catch you later.’
I went back to feeling numb and doing not very much at all.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, we are unpredictable, even when life seems entirely predictable.
I mean, we know we are in Groundhog Day but we don’t know how we will be feeling about it all, when the sun rises again.
It’s as though our emotions are on hyper-drive.
So, if you went running today, or if you barely moved, I see you.
I get it.
And I think it’s pretty normal.
I think we are all feeling the same.
My one piece of advice is, let it be so.
Don’t add guilt to your load right now.
We are almost there.”
-Donna Ashworth
No comments:
Post a Comment