I spent the morning experimenting with two new cookie recipes. The first are “spumoni chunk cookies” inspired by a pistachio cookie recipe that I found online. Basically they are chocolate chip cookies made with the added bonus of instant pistachio pudding mix and dried tart cherries. Delicious (as well as festive greenish hue)! The second ate chai spice snickerdoodles inspired by a recipe published recently in the paper. Both are excellent with tea and will be added to the holiday dessert rotation! (Although Zach would not eat the cookies with dried cherries. He is like me and raisins. Ha!)

We had an enjoyable afternoon picnicking outside at Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie’s house this afternoon, eating sloppy joes and deviled eggs (and cookies for dessert)!
Another surprise came in the mail today! Proofs for Zach’s 2020-2021 school pictures. Yay! This is Zach’s picture from this year’s school ID. I ordered them online and will be sending to relatives. Hopefully Ash’s school will do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment