Saturday, November 14, 2020

Abstract Distraction

Lovely name for a drink in 2020. Yes please more distractions!!! This one was pretty good and refreshing. We made it with tequila instead of Mezcal as the Mezcal smokiness would have been completely overpowering (at least with the Mezcal we have on hand...). 





Let’s see... the plan is that virtual fitness classes will officially go live on Dec 1 for my old YMCA gym in Oklahoma. They have asked me to be a Bodypump class instructor and I will teach classes twice a week on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I had to make a 30 second video of myself doing some class moves for a gym promo video. Here is a clip. I am a fitness dork. Ha! So now I’m trying to get back into weight-lifting shape after training for the half marathon. Yippee! 

Zach has been taking private lessons to better his tennis serve form. Coach Nicole suggested that he upgrade to a more advanced racket. Zach and Derek went to the local tennis shop just over a week ago and they gave him 15 rackets to demo!!!! 

He, with Coach’s help, narrowed it down to the blue racket on the right. 

Zach and Derek are now both at the tennis store to purchase two of the rackets. I hear the giant $$$ sucking sound. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday for the next two years Zach!!!! Ha ha!  

I know we are some of the only parents that watch Zach’s tennis practices and matches when we can. We always show up before the end of practices at the country club to watch the kids for a bit. Luckily he doesn’t seem to mind. It is such a joy to be able to watch him play and be there for the boys’ events. Hoping that next year will be “normal” so that we can enjoy some orchestra and band performances too! Although I have to say with remote school, it has been nice for everyone to get the extra sleep in the morning and not have to rush around. I love having breakfast with Ashton and sharing a cup of cocoa on cold mornings. I love having lunch with Zach and hearing about the latest in World History. I know Dixie and Cliff enjoy when the boys pop over for cookies after school (which is earlier than if they had an hour-long bus ride home). Snickers definitely loves hanging out with the boys during the school day- lounging on their beds as they Zoom in for classes. So despite the COVID idiocy, there have been some real moments to treasure. The house will definitely be too quiet when the boys eventually go back to in person school (which as of right now will not be before January 5, 2021).  

Both boys continue to excel in school despite the challenges of remote learning. Ashton is knocking advanced math out of the park with a report that he is working at the 8th grade advanced math level. Zach continues to entertain us with his learnings from World History. He is now learning about the impacts of WWI. According to Zach “WWI was the worst thing ever.” Yup! Truth! 



2 comments:

  1. I can hear all the racket...keep an ear and eye to those youngin' they all grow up way to fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun things going on with your family!

    ReplyDelete