Thursday, September 3, 2020

How is it Sept 3 already?

We started our day with a power outage. I received a text at 6:30am from Derek while out running 7 miles with my running friends. Luckily the power was restored at 7:30am  just in time for school to start (otherwise we may have had to have school on Grandma Dixie’s deck!) 

 Speaking if school, there are many PE class gems around our house as created by Ashton per direction by his teacher. 

The ruler for daily flexibility measurements. (I would very much fail this part of middle school PE. I am not flexible at all!) 

The green tape on the carpet for crunches. 

TP for push ups! I wonder what next week will bring? 

This afternoon I went on a neighborhood walk while phoning in to conference call with Tracy and Gabi as they went running in Oklahoma. So much fun to catch up! 


This evening, Derek and I participated in the virtual
Open house for Ashton’s middle school. Parts of it worked out very well and parts of it didn’t. Luckily there was wine and pizza afterwards! Ash seems to have some really great teachers this year. I know everyone is trying their best to make this crazy remote school thing work. Kudos to his school teachers and staff for all of their hard work!!!

In other news, Derek and I are watching season 3 of True Detective on HBO. Great series. Season one was outstanding if you get the chance to watch. 

For those are interested, Zach has tennis from 4-6pm on Mondays at Thorpe Park with Coach Rick and 4-5:30pm on Tuesday’s with Coach Nicole at Forest Hills Country Club. The schedule keeps changing which is part of the reason I write it here so that I can keep up. Ha! 





No comments:

Post a Comment