Thursday, July 23, 2020

Looking on the inside

So we’ve had a busy 24 hours! This morning I took Ashton for chest x-rays in advance of his heart check-up on August 4. They have the whole check-in/Covid screening process down to a science so we were in and out if there in less than 15 minutes! As usual Ashton is a super-trooper with his medical check-ups. 



Last night we participated in a webinar about the back-to-school process for the high school. The kids will start the first quarter with remote school from home. They will take three classes from their first semester schedule and complete those classes within 9 week first quarter. School is expected to return in-person for the second quarter for which they will complete their other three first semester courses. Ashton will have a similar process for middle school. We will be informed if the kids’ schedules next week. Meanwhile, I plan to work on online school registration paperwork this afternoon during expected monsoon activity! Fun for everyone! 

Yesterday family helped me celebrate my 45th birthday. We enjoyed hot dogs, chips, and salad. Thank you Dixie and Cliff for bringing brownies and deviled eggs. Yum! In the evening, I zoomed with my parents after the high school meeting. I also received serenades from Wyn and from my running friend Clara and her kids. So cute! 


I love my card- especially since Zach signed his full name. Ha! 

Birthday goodies! The mug from Ashton is super cute. He asked me three times this morning if I liked it and if it made my tea taste delicious. 



Received socks and a funny book from my friend Autumn! The book actually has lots of good training info in it despite the title (which is also very useful information!). 

In other news, Derek’s rain barrel is almost full! 




No comments:

Post a Comment