Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday already?


It has been a busy week full of all sorts of school work and other activities. Check out Ash’s blog for some cool science and fun art activities! His hot air balloon is ready for launch! We finished it this afternoon. We plan to send it skyward tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates. 

In other news, Derek made banana bread and assembled the propane launcher for Ash’s hot air balloon project. He also had been gathering parts to make a composter. 
 I have been practicing my band music- Star Wars, How to Train Your Dragon, West Side Story, Hamilton and all sorts of patriotic marches are in the great repertoire for the band this summer.  I can’t wait until we can all get together and play again. 

We played The Cure game again tonight and lost. More days of quarantine ahead I guess. Haha! 

Also I am over half way through this book and it is excellent! By far the best book I have read in 2020. It is about a woman and her son on the run from the drug cartels in Mexico trying to reach safety in the United States. Very much a heavy read and a page-turner at the same time and sparked many conversations between Derek and I. 





No comments:

Post a Comment