Sunday, March 29, 2020

In Memory of Greg: Scope It In 5K

Today I was supposed to be in Washington DC running the Scope It Out 5k in memory of my brother Greg who died from colorectal cancer a year ago in May. Since the race was cancelled, I joined my sister-in-law Jenny  and other family and friends for a virtual dance party workout this morning in his memory and then ran my own Scope It In 5k around my neighborhood in AZ. I sweated and cried decked out in galaxy tights and his Colorective Soul T-shirt. He was an astrophysicist (favorite was the hourglass nebula pictured) who loved music, laughter, and his family. Thank you to all of you who made donations for the race and to colorectal cancer research! You are awesome!!! I hope that one day together we can beat this horrible disease for good. Here’s to you G! I love and miss you very much. 💙💙💙

Still smiling after The workout hosted by the dynamic duo, Jenny and Wyn! Although I am attempting to eat second breakfast and can barely lift my arms. Haha! 

So cool that technology can connect us. Still does not replace hugs though!!!

Run selfie! (I had to wear more clothes than my T-shirt and galaxy tights since it was only 28 degrees outside!) 



1 comment: