Saturday, February 8, 2020

Kicking off 2020 AZ Chess!

Ashton competed in the chess tournament hosted by Killip Elementary school today. He won three out of five games! We are so proud of him! He is looking good for the first state chess qualifier tournament coming up later this month. 



At noon, I left the tournament for a couple hours to attend my book club meeting where we discussed the following book:

 While not my favorite book, I enjoyed the read which was the autobiographical account of the author’s hike along the Pacific Crest Trail from the CA/Mexico border up to Canada for 5 months. The book mainly was a journal of her experiences on the trail and unfortunately did not go much into her motivation to hike the trail in the first place or how that experience shaped her after the hike was concluded. I am always in awe of people who can drop everything from their lives to go do something unexpected and/or make a radical life change and not fear that change. Of course people probably look at Derek and I that way for retiring early...hmmm...

Also, my book club makes great brunch!!! Everyone brought delicious food to share and we had mimosas! 

I was back to the tournament for Ash’s last game at 2:20pm. After tournament completion we cane home, walked Snickers (she is basically back to her old self again) and I made homemade jambalaya. Yum! 



1 comment: