Saturday, January 18, 2020

Keeping Busy!

The Miller Family is ready for a 3-day weekend! 

We had a busy Friday. My winter weekday mornings start by getting up and eating breakfast with with Zach at 5:30am. I see him out the door to the bus at 6:20am followed by preparing breakfast for Ashton. I then  proceed to do 20-40 minutes of either yoga or a boot-camp type circuit/body-weight strength training workout. I then take Some time to read or catch up on email before walking Ashton to the bus at 7:50am accompanied by Snickers. After dropping him off, Snickers and I walk around the neighborhood then home for tea and a bit more reading. As it warms up, I may head out for a run or lift weights. Then it is either projects or errands until the boys get home from school. On Fridays, Ashton is home from school by 1pm, so the three of us eat lunch together as soon as he gets home. Yesterday afternoon, Ashton had his medical 11 year checkup where he received, and survived, three vaccinations. (There was much drama!)  Before the appointment, we stopped at a discount sporting goods store in town and found ski goggles and gloves for Ashton’s upcoming class trip to ski at the Flagstaff Snowbowl this coming Tuesday. His eyes will be protected from snow blindness, and he is ready to rock the mountain!

Derek and I got together with friends last night for happy hour at a cute local place called Nomads Global Lounge which had great bacon/date/cheese dip! It was good to “adult” for a bit before heading home to enjoy Derek’s homemade Mexican burritos. We have also started watching the series, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” which we like very much. 

1 comment:

  1. Three entire seasons of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete