Cliff hanging around!
Derek high up on the plank ladders.
Dixie on a zip line.
Derek on the skateboard surfing obstacle. Cliff above him getting ready to walk on shaky stumps.
Derek being a ham on zip line
Dixie and Austin high up on the ladders maneuvering from one obstacle to the next in course 4.
We decided that Derek is indeed part monkey.
Hense he completed the monkeys bars the swinging way. (According to the helpers, most people just choose to swing across by their hooks via wire!)
The most difficult obstacle- the swinging horse stirrups. (If I had gotten to that point, I would have said no way!)
Cliff sitting down on the job! (One good slip can leave you hanging! Thank goodness for harnesses!!!!)
Dixie walking planks!
Perspective to show you how high off the ground the obstacles are. The heights didn’t bother me, it was all the balancing and swinging obstacles.
Derek on his last zip to the home stretch ladder back down to earth!
High-flying skateboard Grandma!
Brave Austin!
The whole crew happily on the ground- and ready for lunch and a nap!!! The whole adventure, including initial equipment training, took about 4 hours to complete!
Update- dropped Zach at his first fall tennis practice st NAU. Derek- current situation!
I tried napping too, but when I close my eyes and try to relax I still feel like I am swinging/falling/off-balance. When I try the course again, I plan to rely on my harness more and take my time between courses- like stop for a stretch and a snack. I also need to work on my cargo net-climbing skills.
Updated- evening meal- so good! Marinated steak and chicken (Mom’s beer marinade!) with grilled veggies and chicken-flavored rice!
The Extreme Adventure Course was the most physically challenging thing I have ever attempted! I hate those stepping on swingy things!
ReplyDelete