Friday, August 16, 2019

Another Busy Week!

It has been another busy week here in the Miller household! Monday and Tuesday we helped Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Cliff move from their apartment into their new house that is located in the same neighborhood as ours. It is about a half mile walk door to door. Zach walked over after school Tuesday and Wednesday to help Grandoa Cliff put together their new outdoor deck furniture. We are glad to have them finally in the neighborhood and getting settled in after 3 moves in the last 8 months! 

We have almost survived our first full week of school! It has been an adjustment getting up at 5:30am each morning to get Zach out the door by 6:20am to catch his 6:30 am bus. (How did I ever manage 4:45am wake ups to teach BodyPump???? Haha!) I usually am out the door with Zach for a run around the neighborhood. By the time I get back Ashton is up and ready for breakfast. We enjoy some quiet time for breakfast and tea before Ash leaves for the bus at 7:50am to catch his 8am bus. Snyx and I have been walking Ash to the bus stop and then we continue on for a longer walk in the neighborhood. Do nice now with the sun up so early. It will definitely be more difficult in the early darkness of wintertime. 

Derek has also been working this week on moving the woodland trail that runs behind our house. He is moving the trail farther away from the house, giving us more privacy. He has done a great job! He has basically carved and raked a new path (lots of rock removal) and blocked the old path near our house with logs. I hope to get some pictures soon! 

While Derek has been outside working, I have been inside reorganizing the kitchen and household closets. With the relocation of the remainder of Dixie and Cliff’s possessions to their house, it freed up closet space and the third bedroom upstairs. I am readying that room to be a game room/music studio. Pictures to come soon.  

The kids have enjoyed their first days of school. Ash says that he likes his Art specials class the best so far. They are making pictures with feathers to depict kindness and respect. I am not sure what that means and am looking forward to seeing the finished project. Zach started playing this week with his school orchestra. There are 5 violas (and the viola is his teacher’s favorite instrument even though he is a native tuba player). His orchestra has 7 basses!!! Cool! He has High School movie night tonight where the school plays a movie on the athletic field for all interested students. Tonight’s movie is Goonies. What a cool way to get to know other kids in school on non-football game weekends. I have another band concert tonight downtown. Only one more in the season after that! 

1 comment: