Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Early Morning Rewards

One of my goals this summer was to work up muscles and fitness to bike all the way to the southern tip of Upper Lake Mary from home and back- a total of almost 35 miles. Yesterday, I was out the door by 6:30am and did just that. I took my time enjoying the cooler overcast morning and the beautiful scenery. Along with burning all sorts of calories I was rewarded by seeing a fox cross the road in front of me who had just caught his breakfast by the lake. I also saw a mother turkey and her chicks!  



The monsoons have finally arrived. So the afternoon was spent relaxing and curled up with a book reading while listening to the rain. 

Derek was also taking it easy yesterday as he was prepping for his colonoscopy to take place later this morning. Yippee! You could tell he just loved the taste of the prep solution. Not!



It rained fairly hard very early this morning and is still sprinkling. The much-needed rain is off and on in the forecast all day today. It will be another good day for inside quiet activities after Derek’s procedure. 

1 comment:

  1. You reached your 35-mile goal really quickly! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete