Derek is passed out on the couch (it is tiring and stressful being a tennis parent!), the dog is also snoring. The kids are in bed (at least they are in their rooms and quiet). So I am in my quiet house left to my own thoughts (since I am currently still wired after today’s tennis excitement). I love our new home! Flagstaff so far has been a wonderful choice. Getting back to nature, music, and most importantly spending quality time with family has been fantastic. I haven’t thought about work hardly at all. I was able to lift that weight and obligation off of my shoulders much easier than expected. I am staring to feel rejuvenated (although we have been doing so much since moving here, I may need a day or two of absolutely nothing -haha). I still need to work on CALM and not worrying so much about everything. (Fat chance! Haha!)
However, tonight I am missing Oklahoma friends and my friends and family in distant places. I am missing that comfort of feeling settled, and accepted, and of a daily routine. I know that making friends and that sense of belonging will all come in time. One day at a time right? No need to rush things anymore!
I am missing my brother too and my heart is still heavy. He is in my thoughts as I bike or run through the woods, and also often as I am drifting off to sleep at night. He would love it here in the mountains and the great star viewing I think. One of our family adventures this week was going to the library to get library cards. Zach checked out a book about chess (of course). Ashton checked out the first book in a children’s fantasy series called “The Book of Three”. I checked out and started reading one of Greg’s favorite books “Ancillary Justice”. It makes me feel close to him to read something he enjoyed so much (so far it is a weird book, but I like it too). His laughter still rings in my head when I think about him. I love that he is always with me in that way. I wish he was here to come and visit with Jenny, Wyn, Mom and Dad over the 4th. With all of us together, he will certainly be with us in spirit.
Ok, time to snuggle into bed. 6am is going to come far too quickly and Tennis Mom needs to be firing on all cylinders!!!!
I adore the mountain picture and quote.
ReplyDelete