After a long 14 hour flight and a three hour car ride to hotel, I arrived in Jiangyin, China. I just had a light dinner (salad- I know, boring, but keeping it normal/light while I adjust to new time zone) and a much-needed shower.

Spicy Thai chicken noodle bowl

Ice cream sundae.

A view coming in for our landing over the Yangtze River in Shanghai Pudong airport.

So far China is a lot like Houston. Wow the humidity! Everyone is very nice and helpful and accommodating for my lack of knowledge of Mandarin. I know how to say Hello and Thank You! People are pretty much the same everywhere. It was fun watching the families eat and laugh together at dinner and kids smiling and laughing. I swear I saw the Chinese version of Zach and Ash together tonight!


Getting sleepy. Not sure how much longer I will be able to stay awake. I love the complimentary slippers in the hotel!
Here are some scenes from the plane. Good food while watching Avengers Infinity War. I also watched A Quiet Place and highly recommend it!!!
Spicy Thai chicken noodle bowl
Ice cream sundae.
A view coming in for our landing over the Yangtze River in Shanghai Pudong airport.
So far China is a lot like Houston. Wow the humidity! Everyone is very nice and helpful and accommodating for my lack of knowledge of Mandarin. I know how to say Hello and Thank You! People are pretty much the same everywhere. It was fun watching the families eat and laugh together at dinner and kids smiling and laughing. I swear I saw the Chinese version of Zach and Ash together tonight!
Anyway- other luxuries- my hotel has a western style toilet. Total yay!!!!
Getting sleepy. Not sure how much longer I will be able to stay awake. I love the complimentary slippers in the hotel!
Never thought about celebrating a western style toilet!
ReplyDelete