Friday, May 18, 2018

A fabulous day with Mom and Dad in Oregon‘s Wine Country


Wine tasting at Bethel Heights Vineyards. Fabulous Pinot Noir Rose, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay! 







Being outside with all of the beautiful colors was so relaxing! 













The red is apparently a type of clover. Outstanding colors. 





Then we went to McMinnvlle for lunch. They were celebrating Alien Days! I thought for a moment that I had taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in Roswell, NM. Ha! 

We then visited the Spruce Goose and other aircraft at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. The Hughes H-4 Hercules (also known as the Spruce Goose) is a prototype strategic airlift flying boat designed and built by the Hughes Aircraft Company. Intended as a transatlantic flight transport for use during World War II, it was not completed in time to be used in the war. The aircraft made only one brief flight on November 2, 1947, and the project never advanced beyond the single example produced. It is built entirely from wood because of wartime restrictions and is truly a sight to behold! 











Hard to get the whole plane in one picture. The museum was built specifically for the aircraft. The other parts of the museum were great too. We will definitely have to plan a trip to bring the boys here. 

Dad and I on Thermal camera. Obviously I have a cold nose. 



A fantasric day all around! I am looking forward to getting home to Derek and the boys tomorrow. But I really enjoyed being with Mom and Dad. I love you very much and miss you. Today was very special for me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment