Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Yay Z!!!!

Zach played varsity doubles with his partner, Liam, at a tennis tournament in Bartlesville on Monday. They won 3rd place overall! Woohoo! Another medal for the medal tree!


I missed watching Zach play as I am currently in Lake Charles, Louisiana visiting one of our Phillips 66 Lubricants manufacturing sites. On a high note, I have been enjoying great Cajun cuisine for every meal. I am looking forward to getting home to boys tomorrow night. Thursday, Derek and I are taking the day off to watch Zach play in another tournament near Talequah, OK. 

With school now back in session, both boys have been taking state tests this week at school. Zach is jealous of Ashton because elementary schoolers can read books or do other quiet activities if they finish their test before their classmates. Apparently the only option for middle schoolers is sleeping because reading books could enable cheating on the state exams. Zach says this is incredibly stupid and boring and a waste of time. I have to agree with him completely. Ugh! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Zach! Tommi, it’s great you and Derek can take some time off to see him play. I agree with Zach, these mega tests are a huge waste of teacher teaching time, public tax dollars, and student learning time. Anyway, hope the boys get through it okay and that Ash gets To read a good book.

    ReplyDelete