Thursday, April 5, 2018

Savannah Music Festival

Work has been going well here in Savannah. During my last night here, I decided to go see one of the music concerts part of the Savannah Music Festival taking place here in the historic downtown district. I went to see Hawktail- fabulous bluegrass!!!! 



I purchased their album for future enjoyment. You can listen to my favorite of their pieces at the following link:
The second band was called the Barr Brothers Band. They were more rock but really good as well. 

My work colleague Henry and I sat with a woman named Stephanie who had visited Bartlesville working as landscape and art direction for the movie August Osage County. She was in Savannah currently working on a Will Smith action movie. She had also worked on movies such as Dances With Wolves and Last of the Mohicans. She has worked on the Netflix series House of Cards and Marco Polo. She was a really nice and fascinating person and she could not say enough nice things about Oklahoma and Bartlesville. We were honored that she wanted to hang out st the concert with two chemistry nerds. I found an older article about her at on the web that you can read here:

You never know who you will meet or what interesting things there are to do out there in the world. Don’t miss those opportunities! 

1 comment: