Sunday, January 28, 2018

Weekend activities!

Lots going on this weekend. Saturday I taught at the YMCA. We cleaned out some more closets and took 8 bags of goodies to Goodwill based on stuff cleaned out over the past two weeks. Made a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up materials to display Zach’s school science fair project coming up on February 9th. Went to Walmart. Saturday night Derek and I went to a colleagues house for dinner and a scotch and brandy tasting to toast the retirement of the current Vice Predidrnt of Technology.  Brad made shepherds pie,  fish pie, and an English fidget pie. Surprisingly Delicious! I am not a big scotch and brandy fan, but the liquors he chose were smooth and flavorful. 



Sunday started off with a run. Then I helped Zach put the finishing touches on his report on the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. We also worked on the visuals for his science project display. Next weekend we will put the whole thing together. Friday m 1-3pm we went to a bowling birthday party. Afterwards we rested, and folded laundry. 

The boys had lots of pizza at the bowling party so were not hungry for dinner. I only had one small slice, so I wanted a small dinner. I tried an experiment, making Green Giant brand frozen veggie spirals (carrots) + 8 oz chicken breast + 1cup marinara sauce (tomato, onion, basil Prego in this case). Split into 2 servings - one for tonight’s dinner and 1 for lunch tomorrow. 225 calories each serving (not including small glass of wine). Delicious and light! I am trying to eat healthier and include even more fruits and veggies in my diet. This will become a staple. I would like to try the other spiral veggie varieties too! 

We just got done playing the game of Clue together. So fun! The boys loved it!!!!

They really got into the spirit of “who done it???”  Yikes!!!! Ashton as Mr. Boddy. Zach found the revolver!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment