Saturday, September 16, 2017

Spicing it up at the Farmers Market!

The boys and I drove over to the Bartlesville Farmers Market this morning as they had turtle races going on for kids. Ashton's turtle won the race and he won a prize. 

Start your engines! 

Ash's turtle wins being the first turtle out of the ring. 

Winning turtle! 

Loser! 

Then we walked around looking at all of the fresh veggies. I picked up a couple cucumbers and a red pepper. The boys were checking out the hot peppers as they watched a hot pepper eating competition last night on YouTube. They were both very confident that they could win such a competition. Then they spied a table with habaneros and each wanted to try one. They insisted when I asked them if they were absolutely sure. 

They were badass and brave! 

Then the pain set in! They both ran faster than I have ever seen either if the move to the water fountains. Thank goodness there were two! I have never laughed so hard in my life! 

There was drinking for at least 5 minutes. 

Zach takes it back. He said eating an habanero is not badass, it's stupid. Hahahahahahaha!!!!! After the pain wore off, Ash declared that it "was not that bad".  I love these two. They totally made my day! 


2 comments:

  1. I sure hope the organizers put turtles back exactly where they found them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badass or stupid...Habaneros are hot as ' ' I love the flavor...but the bite is something else !!! Wish I would have been there to see it LIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete